Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
These terms tell you the rules for using our website with the following domain names: theinfopool.com, theinfopool.co.uk, the infopool.org and theinfopool.org.uk (our site).
We are Prostate Cancer Research, a registered charity in England and Wales (1156027). Our registered office is Suite 2, 23-24 Great James Street, London WC1N 3ES.
You can contact us by writing to us at:
Prostate Cancer Research, Suite 2, 23-24 Great James Street, London, WC1N 3ES
- Our User Policy and Moderation Policy, which set out how you should use the site and what you can and cannot say when sharing your experience with others.
- All links open in new tabs.
- We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- These terms were most recently updated on 3 March 2023.
- We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our users’ needs and our organisation’s priorities.
- We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes to this website by notifying you in advance on the website.
- Our site is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Our site is only for users in the UK.
- Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by relevant copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Where we are not the owner or the licensee of any materials on the site we will make this clear.
- You may print off, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way except for personal reasons such as annotating or making personal notes. You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Subject to our medical disclaimer (link opens in a new tab), the content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. Your use of a third-party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site and is at your own risk.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of our website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored; any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when these terms were formed; and
- losses that were not caused by any breach on our part; and
- business losses.
- The infopool is currently awaiting trademark protection.