When users share their stories and experiences on the infopool we ask that they respect a few key rules.
Mind your language
- Prostate Cancer Research celebrates difference, and doesn’t tolerate abuse towards any minority or demographic.
- Don't post content that treats anyone unfairly because of their sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, ability or disability, religion, gender identity/reassignment, marital status, family circumstance, or age.
Keep it useful and honest
- Sharing your experiences is at the heart of the infopool, but please do not give medical advice.
Keep it legal
- Please do not name any specific medical professional or hospital by name.
- Please do not make any disparaging comments about any medical professional, hospital, pharmaceutical company or drug by name, beyond factual statements.
Do not advertise or promote anything, just share your own experience
- Please do not use it to try to sell things to other members. You could be in breach of the law if you make statements designed to promote the prescription, supply, sale or consumption of specific medicines. A comment that discusses, for example, the benefits you have experienced because of a particular medicine is okay.
- Please do not try to promote or advertise any non-approved medicines or treatments – it is unlawful to advertise medicines which have not been granted a marketing authorisation.