We are totally committed to protecting your information and using it responsibly. Please read our policy carefully to understand how we collect, use and store your information.
When users share their stories and experiences on the infopool we ask that they respect a few key rules:
- Mind your language
Prostate Cancer Research celebrates difference, and doesn’t tolerate abuse towards any minority or demographic.
Don't post content that treats anyone unfairly because of their sex, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, ability or disability, religion, gender identity/reassignment, marital status, family circumstance, or age.
- Keep it useful and honest
Sharing your experiences is at the heart of the infopool, but please do not give medical advice.
- Keep it legal
Please do not name any specific medical professional or hospital by name.
Please do not make any disparaging comments about any medical professional, hospital, pharmaceutical company or drug by name, beyond factual statements.
- Do not advertise or promote anything, just share your own experience
Please do not use it to try to sell things to other members. You could be in breach of the law if you make statements designed to promote the prescription, supply, sale or consumption of specific medicines. A comment that discusses, for example, the benefits you have experienced because of a particular medicine is okay.
Please do not try to promote or advertise any non-approved medicines or treatments – it is unlawful to advertise medicines which have not been granted a marketing authorisation.
What we will remove
Our team will remove any content from stories shared that go against our User Policy (link will open in a new tab), such as:
- comments that are abusive of other users
- commercial advertising
- inappropriate language
- information that we judge to be misleading or factually incorrect
- defamatory comments of individuals or companies
Any medical information referred to in or at any place on our website is given for information purposes only and is in no way intended to:
- replace consultation with a qualified healthcare professional
- act as treatment or medical diagnosis
- recommend, induce or influence people towards the use or purchase of any product, nor are we endorsing their use
You should always seek advice from a healthcare professional with regards to your personal situation.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your device (for example, your computer or smartphone). It allows our website to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
For more information about cookies and how we use them, read our Cookies Policy in full by clicking the button below.
Sharing your story is an incredibly valuable way of helping others affected by prostate cancer. Before sharing your story please do read our Story Consent to find out more information about what this means.
The treatments shown on the infopool are currently only those which have been approved for use on the NHS in England and Wales.
The treatments on the NHS in Scotland and Northern Ireland are mostly the same. However there may be some occasional variation.
Where a treatment is not available in all 4 countries we will do our best to say so.
There may also be other treatments, which are available privately, which are not listed on the infopool at this time.
All of our online resources are free to read and use on the infopool. If you would like to use of any of these resources elsewhere please see our conditions below:
- PCR gives permission to quote up to 250 words from our online resources on any website or printed publication. This does not include any quotes from individuals shared as part of their stories.
- If you do quote us please make sure that you share the following acknowledgement: © PCR: Published in full at www.theinfopool.co.uk
- When reproduced on another website please make sure to add a link to the original material on the infopool website.
- For any queries about this or anything else please do Contact Us (link will open in a new tab).